June 27, 2009

Thank You!

As I am on my way home from my Africa travels, I want to express how grateful I am to those who supported me financially and through prayer. Thank you  thank you  thank you!! My time in Malawi and Uganda was spectacular. I got to see and experience so much it is incredible. I was challenged in ways I never could have imagined and that brought more growth and goodness than I could have ever expected. I will share some of what God taught me and put on my heart during my time in Africa:

Through my travels, God called me to let go. So many times in the Bible we are told to let go of this grip we have on our lives; our stuff, our relationships, our reputations, our expectations, and our plans and to give that all to God. To forfeit all of that, to lose our lives and follow Him. During my travels he spoke that evermore clearly to me. It is a much easier to live that out when not surrounded by many of those things in another place so I ask for continued prayer as I return home and desire to surrender everything to God in "everyday" life. To no longer live my life for myself.

God also taught me that there is greater impact and significance in serving through small acts with great love than anything else. In some situations where there weren't many opportunities for me to be doing much, I learned it's not about the doing and it's all about the loving.

Last thing I will share is a revelation I had last night. I was thinking how sad I am about ending my year of traveling, about how I have so enjoyed the freedom and independence of this year. But I realized, I really became less independent and more dependent. Dependent on God; he is the only thing that is constant and always there for us. He is a solid rock. A comforter. The one whom we can share things with when there's no one else to lean on, cry with or laugh with. His light shines brighter as everything else fades.

So, thank you for the support you gave me that allowed me to pursue this adventure and learn all these things. It is hard to express in a letter how much I appreciate it, but I truly do and I know the things I learned and experienced on this adventure will be lasting.

Thank you.

Blessings, Kels

No comments: