Alrighty, I've never blogged before, but I'll give it a try! I'm getting so excited as I prepare for my trip to Africa! Sometimes planning is a bit overwhelming, but I have enjoyed the process as a whole. I leave February 10th and fly into Johannesburg, South Africa. From there I fly to Blantyre, Malawi for about a month and a half. Thats just the first part of my trip, but thats all I'm going to write about for now. Not quite sure what to write in a blog, but I'm sure I will figure it out soon enough. For now I'm just going to put a copy of my support letter.
Dear Friends and Family,
Instead of beginning college this year after graduating high-school I decided to take a year to learn spanish and serve God while traveling. After spending this fall in Costa Rica studying spanish I am beginning the second part of my journey and will soon be volunteering in Africa.
I'm writing to let you know a little about what I'm doing these next few months and to ask if you'll come along side me to support me through prayer and financial means. In a matter of weeks I will be traveling to Malawi, Africa to volunteer at Malawi Children's Mission (MCM) for 2 months. Malawi Children's Mission is a organization Peninsula Covenant Church supports that provides meals for orphans and programs for preschool and elementary age children. I will be living with Kenneth and Avisha Mpemba volunteering at the MCM feeding center as well as two other local schools during my time there. After my time at MCM I will travel to Uganda and volunteer at an orphanage in the city of Kampala. I return home in mid May after spending a total of three months in Africa.
I humbly ask that you would lift me up in prayer during this exciting and somewhat risky step of faith. Specific prayer requests include health and safety during travel, that God would give me boldness to proclaim His name, and that I would learn so much about trusting in God, his character and listening to his call on my life. Prayer is so powerful and significant, I thank you for coming alongside me in this important way.
I am trying to raise support to offset some of the costs of this trip. My goal is to raise as close to $ 2,000 as possible. Whatever small amount you can give is helpful and much appreciated. Checks should be made payable to Malawi Children's Mission and mailed to me at 189 Shelford Ave San Carlos, CA 94070. These charitable contributions are fully tax deductible and you will be provided with a receipt letter. Please do not put my name on any checks.
Malawi Children's Mission is a great organization with the goal of caring for and providing nutritional, educational, and emotional support to orphaned children. If you want to learn more about Malawi Children's Mission, their website is: malawichildrensmission.org. I will try to keep a blog while volunteering so you can stay updated and read about what I'm learning and doing. The link for my Blog is: kelseypfeiffer.blogspot.com.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read my letter and for your constant love and support. I am so excited for this journey and new chapter and can't wait to share what I learn and experience with you. I am truly so grateful for for this opportunity and for everybody who has been a part of me processing or pursuing this call God has put on my heart and life.
Thanks for all your love and support,
Kelsey Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment