March 13, 2009

at just the right time

This past week has been so great. On Tuesday I stayed at St. Michael's Primary School longer and had lunch of ntsima with the teachers. It was so fun talking with them; learning Chichewa, talking about cultural differences, and talking a walk with one of the teachers. One of the kids, Gift, is soo adorable. He follows me around and whenever I go somewhere, I come back and he is just sitting waiting for me with this beautiful smile on his face. Wednesday I played soccer with Bayana's team. It was a bit uncomfortable at first because the team is all guys and I felt kinda awkward. But playing was soo amazingly fun; ah, it felt so good. I'm crazy sore now, but it was worth it. Today I went with Bayana to the secondary school for the club he does through Wings of Hope. It was a very interesting experience talking with the students about the what they thought of the US and the differences between American culture and Malawian culture. It was also so funny when they guessed my age; I wasn't aware I looked 28. After the meeting, one of the older girls Rose comes up to me and says "Kelsey, can I be your friend?" I was like, yes of course! I love friendship. This week has also been good because I've had some challenging but good time wrestling with stuff in my heart. And God has been so evident in the way he's answered prayer, it's cool to see how he's working. Ok, I'm way tired but I'll try to write something after MCM tomorrow.

No comments: